A breakfast quickie for the mornings you need to run out of the door! Eggs and ham on toast is super quick and easy to make, yet the satisfaction post the meal is priceless.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
2 Slices of Bread of Choice (I usually go in for whole-wheat bakery bread)
1 slice of Smoked Ham
1 Medium Sized Egg
1 Tsp Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Black Pepper
Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Once the oil becomes a little warm, crack open an egg into the pan. Take a wooden spatula (#protip: wet it with water so the egg doesn’t stick to it) and squash the egg before it turns into a fried egg [zig-zag movements work- but there’s really no particular way to scramble- do it as you please!]. Add salt, pepper and any other seasoning of your choice to taste. Take it off the heat as per consistency of your choice [I usually like it not too fried, not too squishy].
Simultaneously, you can toast two slices of bread. Place the slice of ham on one slice. Place the scrambled egg on top of the ham, and cover with the other slice of bread. Breakfast is ready! 🙂
A few alternatives/renditions:
1. You can also place a fried egg or any other choice of egg on the ham instead of scrambled egg.
2. You can add tomato and onion to the scrambled egg.
3. You can add some hummus to the toast.
4. You can have an open sandwich with a single slice of bread.
5. You can add a slice of low-fat cheese.
Enjoy you breakfast quickie!